23 June 2012

Testing one two three....


Welcome, to Sarah Gardner Photographer, I'm Sarah Gardner and it's Saturday afternoon, overcast and blustery outside................


It's a day for being brave, stepping out from behind the camera and in front of the mic!  I have wanted to do one of these recordings for some time and it's taken me a big leap of faith to actually 'record' what I have to say!  So here it is unedited, this is a first attempt! (Well actually it's not, there were a few previous attempts where I laughed at the myself  playing radio DJ with my headset and mic! Another where the phone rang in the middle, and I think there was also one where my son burst into my office and asked for a biscuit, lol! All of which were just hilarious.)

Please understand this is a draft, and still using the demo software! If I waited until the day I had a perfect version I think it would never come, so I have taken the plunge and just got on with it an posted this version.  Fingers crossed, hope you like it, find it informative and want more as I have so many ideas from tutorial demonstrations, like this one, through to sharing insights and some creative theory. 


SO WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT ?
I started with the most popular question I get asked, "how to  layer and remove Textures in Photoshop". To date I have sent you off to YouTube, well now I have a demonstration to show you of my own. 

NO RIGHTS OR WRONGS JUST CREATIVE INSIGHT FROM ONE PHOTOGRAPHER TO ANOTHER

Now for those of you who know me you'll know I work quickly and effectively without complicated methods and overly lengthy processes...life is too short and I want to keep my creativity flowing and not get blogged down in technical procedure.  So my way of working is a personal one and it won't be for everyone. Here I share my approach but it's important that you understand that there is no right or wrong way to working creative or artistically and I believe this to be true for both photography and art. The way you develop your own working style should feel comfortable, intuitive and self satisfying.  I'm still learning, everyday, new methods, new approaches, skills and insight, its want makes the journey exciting and one of discovery.

Have a great weekend wherever you are, whatever the weather or time of day. I hope you find this in some way helpful. Please leave a comment Sx 


12 comments:

  1. Loved it - knew what you were talking about and was able to keep up (which surprised myself!). Off to see your book and feel a purchase coming up! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, loved that. I'd been wondering about removing textures, that seemed so straightforward, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GenevieveJune 23, 2012

    Fantastic thank you ... boy have I been doing it a long drawn out way!!!.

    Off to get texturing now, more tutorials like this please.

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Very well demonstrated and clear to understand (having never used textures before this has inspired me to have a go). Looking forward to seeing more. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good tutorial Sarah. Very clear and easy to understand. Interesting method on how to remove the texture. I'll have to try your way next time. :) Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tutorial. I've worked with textures for years, but I had always used a layer mask to remove texture. However, that caused color problems. This tutorial showed me a solution. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to just use an eraser at varying strengths - now I have learnt a much better way. Thank you, Sarah. I ordered your book weeks ago through Amazon (USA) but they keep telling me it is unavailable (I am in Sydney, Australia, and haven't seen your book in any shops yet). I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very well explained and easy to follow and you just helped me with a problem I was having...using the colored brush is a fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it. Very easy to follow Sarah. There's so much I still need to know about photoshop. Looking forward to more of these. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tutorial Sarah, very easy to understand, clear and precise, perfect for a beginner and anyone who loves textures,(especially yours) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much simpler than what I have been putting myself through all this time. Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this great video Sarah. Your method of removing the texture is so simple it's genius! Thank you so much for sharing this - I think you are saving many of us a lot of time and work!
    More demo videos please :)

    ReplyDelete